Papad kadi is a very simple,yet succulent dish. When you are running short of time this is the best side dish along with chapati,paratha or rice.
- 1 cup plain yogurt /Curd
- 2 tbsp besan (chickpea flour)
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 2 green chillies chopped
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder (adjust to tolerance)
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 3 cups water
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- Generous pinch of hing powder
- Few Curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- Fried Papad pieces ( papadum)
- In a bowl, combine besan, yogurt, and water to make a lump free smooth mix. Let stand.
- In a heavy bottomed pot, heat oil ,add hing, cumin seeds ,let it splutter & add onions,chillies & curry leaves.Fry for 1-2 min.
- Now add turmeric, chilly and coriander powder ,fry for 10-20 sec & add the besan-yogurt mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Let the mixture comes to boil & keep Stirring the kadhi in between.
- Let the kadhi simmer for about 5-8 minutes.
- Add salt & fried papad ( break and add them ), turn off the heat.
- Serve with either rice or Chapati.ting !!!