I had left over home made dosa batter and I was fed up eating idli,dosa,uttapam so being a dhokla lover I thought of again using this batter to make dhokla and it came out perfectttttttttttttt, super yummy 😉 pics are proof 😉
- Left over dosa/idli batter ( I think I had close to 1 cup batter as I did not measure )
- 3 tablespoon Gram Flour
- Ginger chilli paste 1 tbsp
- 1/2 cup water ( if needed ,and if you feel the batter is very thick add 1 tablespoon and so on )
- Pinch Turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tspn Sugar
- 2 tspn vegeetable oil
- 1 pouch Eno powder ( If Eno is not available you can use baking powder)
- 1 tablespoons Oil
- Curry Leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard Seeds
- Mix dosa batter ,gram flour, sugar,salt,oil,turmeric,ginger chilly paste & mix the batter well. If needed add little water and make a smooth batter.
- In a big Vessel boil water & keep a heavy stuff at the bottom.
- Add ENO powder into the mixture and mix it well. ( ENO should be added just before you are ready to put the mixture into the vessel,which means water starts boiling and u are ready to make dhokla)
- Pour the mixture into the vessel coated with oil.
- Cook for 10-15 min covering the lid of the vessel.
- Once cooked remove the dhokla and let it rest and get cool.
- Take a small pan. Heat oil.add all the ingredients for tempering once it start spluttering ,pour the mixture on the dhokla’s.
- Cut the dhokla into desired shape ,I used heart shape cookie cutter as it was Valentine’s day eve 🙂
- Ting !!! Enjoy 🙂