Craving for ‘Saarson ka saag” but saarson unavailable in Montreal..so whats the workaround Chikoo, I thought …Tinggggg!!!! ‘ Poppey ‘s energy booster can be used to make the yummylicious saag..and result is yummy and satisfying 🙂
- Spinach 1 kg
- Green chillies 3-4 slited
- 1 medium size onion chopped
- 2 tablespoon clarified butter (ghee)
- 1 tejpatta (Bay leave)
- 1 tablespoon ginger grated
- 1 tablespoon garlic grated
- Salt to taste
- Chop the spinach ,wash and keep aside.
- In pressure cooker add water,spinach and green chilies and cook in medium low heat till all the water evaporates ,usually it will take 1 hr to cook the saag.(The quantity of water should be enough to cover the spinach).
- While the saag is cooking keep stirring in between ,after 1/4 water is evaporated add 2 tablespoon corn flour or wheat flour and mix well.
- Let it again cook till rest of the water is evaporated and saag is well cooked.
- In a pan heat ghee,add bay leaves,then ginger,garlic ,saute for 30 sec ,add onions and fry till translucent.
- Add the cooked saag and salt to taste.let it simmer for 10 min.
- Garnish with fresh cream and serve hot with Makke di roti . Enjoy ting !!! 😉
- If you don’t wanna use this process,you can pressure cook the saag for 3-4 whistle.