Chicken Do Pyaza has dominance of onions. It is prepared with a large amount of onions, both cooked in the curry and as a garnish. Onions are added at two stages during cooking, hence the name (“two onions”).
- Chicken with bone 500 gms
- Oil 3 tbsp
- Cumin seeds 1/4 tsp
- Onion 3 big,chopped vertically
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric 1/4 tsp
- Ginger garlic Paste 1/2 tsp
- Yogurt 1/2 cup
- Chilly powder 1 tsp
- Coriander powder 1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder 1/2 tsp
- Green chilies 3 silted
- Dry red chilies 4
- Baby Onions 2-3 chopped into big pieces
- Garam masala 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves 1/2 cup chopped
- Lime juice 1 tsp
- Heat oil in a pan add cumin seeds once the cumin seeds splutter add sliced onions, salt and cook the onions till golden brown.
- Add turmeric, ginger garlic Paste cook till raw flavor is gone.
- Take yogurt in a bowl and add chilly powder, coriander powder, cumin powder mix it well and add this into the onion mixture and add some water.
- Cook the masala for 3-4 min.
- Add chicken along with green chilly pieces, mix it well. Cover the pan and cook this till chicken is tender and cooked.
- In a separate pan heat oil add dry red chilly, baby onion pieces and red chilly, saute it and pour this on the top of the chicken and add garam masala, chopped coriander leaves, lime juice mix it well and switch off the flame.
- Serve your chicken do pyaza with your favorite naan,tandoori roti or rice.
- Enjoy ting !!! 🙂