Welcome to the paranthe wali gali episode 2 ,as promised I am back with yet another delicious paratha ” Gobi paratha” so lets get lost in the journey of this succulent dish 🙂
- 1 Cauliflower
- For Tempering
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 1 tspn cumin seeds
- 2-3 green chillies chopped
- 1 tsp. red chilli powder
- 1 tspn coriander powder
- 1/4 tspn turmeric powder
- Coriander leaves chopped
- Salt to taste
- For dough
- 2 cup wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp Onion seeds (Mangrela)
- Water to make dough
To make dough
- Make a soft dough mixing flour,onion seeds & water. ( that’s so simple, we do almost every day ,what say guys 😛 )
- To make filling
- Cut cauliflower into medium size pieces & wash them.
- Grate the cauliflower.
- Heat oil in a pan ,add cumin seeds & chilies,let it splutter.
- Add grated cauliflower,mix well.
- Add turmeric powder, chilly powder,coriander powder & salt to taste and mix well.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Make two small size balls from dough. Roll it out in a 2 small circle as shown below.
- Now put the gobi filling in one of the rolled out dough as shown below.
- Using the other rolled dough cover the filling and press the edges together so that it should get stick as shown below.
- Gently roll the stuffed dough with a rolling pin. Make sure that the parathas do not break,Applying some wheat flour while rolling to make the process smooth.
- Put the rolled gobi paratha on a hot griddle.
- Fry the paratha with oil/ghee as you would usually fry them.Be generous in using ghee or oil to fry the parathas.
- Fry the parathas till you see some brown spots. You can also press the paratha edges so that they are fried well. as some time, the paratha edges are not cooked well.
- Serve with your favorite accompaniments pickle,chutney,sauce, curd 🙂