If there’s one type of ingredient over which Indians could safely claim mastery, its legumes or dals.
Masoor dal Tadka is one of the easy and breezy dals I make at home to get a feel of dhaba style tadaka.This dal is not thin nor thick but has a medium consistency. Ideal partner for rice,paratha,chapati 🙂
- For Dal
- 1 cup whole mosoor dal (Gota masoor dal)
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 big tomato chopped
- 2-3 green chilly slited
- For First Tempering
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 tspn grated giner
- 1 tspn grated garlic
- 1 tspn. cumin seeds
- 1-2 bay leaves
- 1/4 tsp asafoetida
- 1 tsp. red chilli powder
- 1 tspn coriander powder
- 1 tspn aamchur powder
- Coriander leaves chopped
- For Second tempering
- 1 tbsp. ghee
- Few red dry chillies
- Pressure cook dal with 2-3 cups of water,chopped tomatoes,chilies,salt & turmeric powder for 3-4 whistle.
- Heat oil in a deep bottom pan or Kadai and add cumin seeds, bay leaves & then ginger & garlic and fry for 1 min.
- Add the onions and fry till translucent.
- Add red chilly powder,coriander powder and mix well.
- Add the dal and mix them properly. Let it come to boil. ( don’t mash the dal while mixing)
- After the dal starts boiling add aamchur powder & mix well.
- Turn off the gas and add coriander for garnishing.
- Second tempering is completely your choice with ghee and red chilly while serving.
- Enjoy this dish 🙂 Ting !!!!