Aloo de parathe is basically unleavened dough stuffed with a spiced mixture of mashed potato, which is rolled out and cooked on a hot tawa with butter or ghee. It doesn’t need much introduction but for the sake of words 🙂 I present you my first Paratha post from the “Paranthe wali gali (” , Its my way of celebrating and presenting you every week with one new kind of paratha from my kitchen.Stay tuned all food lovers 🙂 Ting!!!!! Before we start i wanna dedicate one song to my paratha..my latest fav from ‘Tevar” superman….
Ek baath bata du aap se
Paratha darta nahin kisi ke baap se
Jaise khana hai waise kha le ..waise kha le
Butter ke saath ya achar le.
yeh toh superman …
Sab iske fan…
Jo paratha na khaye
Use kardu mein ban 🙂
- 5 boiled potatoes (mashed)
- For Tempering
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 1 big onion chopped into small pieces
- 2-3 green chillies chopped
- 1 tsp. red chilli powder
- 1 tspn coriander powder
- Coriander leaves chopped
- Salt to taste
- For dough
- 2 cup wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp Onion seeds (Mangrela)
- Water to make dough
To make dough
- Make a soft dough mixing flour,onion seeds & water. ( that’s so simple, we do almost every day ,what say guys 😛 )
- To make filling
- Heat oil in a pan ,add onion & chilies,fry till translucent.
- Add mashed potatoes,mix well.
- Add chilly powder,coriander powder,salt to taste & amchur powder and mix well.
- Fry the poattoes for 4-5 min nicely.
- Add chopped coriander and mix well,keep aside ,let it cool.
- Take a piece of dough. Roll it out in a small circle. Now put the aloo filling in the center of the rolled out dough.
- Take it in your palm and bring all the edges together.
- Now by applying pressure with your fingers press the edges down.
- Gently roll the stuffed dough with a rolling pin. Make sure that the parathas do not break,Applying some wheat flour while rolling to make the process smooth.
- Put the rolled aloo paratha on a hot griddle.
- Fry the aloo paratha with oil/ghee as you would usually fry them.Be generous in using ghee or oil to fry the parathas.
- Fry the parathas till you see some brown spots. You can also press the paratha edges so that they are fried well. as some time, the paratha edges are not cooked well.
- Now eatttttttttttttttttttttt 😛