Paneer Kofta curry is a tasty vegetarian curry dish. Restaurant style paneer kofta is cooked in a creamy gravy made of tomatoes and cashewnuts. Lets begin 🙂
- For kofta balls
- 1 cup grated cottage cheese (Paneer)
- 1 boiled potato mashed (medium size)
- 1 tbspn corn starch powder
- 1 tbspn Chopped coriander
- 2 chopped green chillies
- 1 tspn grated ginger
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tspn garam masala powder
- 1/2 tspn Coriander powder.
- 1/2 tspn Red chilly powder
- For Puree
- 1 medium size Onion (purée)
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1/4 cup cashew soaked in water
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 green ilaichi (Cardamom)
- Small piece of Cinnamon
- 1/2 tspn turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp coriander power
- 1 tbsp red chilly powder
- 1 tspn cumin powder
- 1 tspn garam masala
- 1/2 tspn black pepper powder
- 2-3 green chilly
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 cup water
- Mix all the kofta ingredients and mix well,knead the dough nicely so that kofta should not break while frying.
- Make small balls and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai or pan and fry these balls till golden brown.
- Make Onion puree and keep aside.
- Mix tomatoes,cashew,green chilly and make a smooth paste and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a Pan ,add Cardamom,bay leaves & cinnamon, now add the onion puree and fry till it changes colour .
- Now add turmeric powder,coriander powder,cumin powder,red chilly powder & pepper powder and salt and cook till the masala oozes oil.
- Now add the tomato & cashew gavy and garam masala powder & cook for another 4-5 min in low flame till it looses oil.
- Add 1 cup water and let the gravy comes to boil.
- Add the paneer balls & garnish with chopped Coriander.
- Serve with Rice /Chapati/Paratha.
- Enjoy the delicious Paneer kofta curry Ting !!!! 😉
- I don’t like sweet taste so I avoid sugar,if you like sweet taste you can add 1 tspn of sugar & also add fresh cream for extra flavor.