Creamy mushroom soup is such a hearty and warming soup and so good for a winter day. First snow in Montreal and I am celebrating this moment with this yummy,delicious soup 😉 Ting!!!!!!!!!!!
- 250 gms button mushrooms
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2-3 Garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 bay leaf(Tejpatta )
- Pinch of nutmeg powder
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup full fat milk at room temperature
- 6 tbsp cream, about 25-30% fat
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour(Maida)
- 2 tbsp butter
- ½ tsp chopped parsley or coriander/cilantro leaves
- Crushed black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Chopped parsley or coriander leaves for garnishing
- In a pan melt the butter, add the bay leaf and saute till fragrant – about 4-5 seconds.
- Add the chopped onions and garlic,saute till they soften and become translucent.
- Add mushrooms and saute till the mushrooms start to release water.
- Saute till all the water dries up and the mushrooms are a light brown.
- Add the flour and saute for 3-4 minutes stirring often.
- Add black pepper and saute for half a minute.
- Add water then milk,stir well and season with salt.
- Cook on low flame & let the soup come to gentle simmer,the soup will begin to thicken.
- Simmer for 4-5 minutes,add the cream and chopped parsley,simmer for 2-3 minutes more stirring often.
- Lastly sprinkle nutmeg powder and stir.
- Switch off the stove top and pour the soup in individual serving bowls.Serve the cream of mushroom soup hot garnished with parsley or coriander.
1. use fresh milk at room temperature. you can also warm or make the milk hot before adding.
2. to increase the heat and warmth in the soup, you can add a little extra of black pepper powder. use freshly crushed or powdered black pepper.