Gajar Ka Halwa sometimes known as Gajrela, Carrot Halwa or gajar ka gajerela is a sweet dessert pudding associated mainly with the state of Punjab in India. It is made by placing grated carrot in a pot containing a specific amount milk and sugar and then cooking while stirring regularly. It is often served with a garnish of almonds and pistachios.The nuts and other items used are first sautéed in ghee. It is a famous dessert which is favorite all over Northern India and is traditionally eaten during all of the festivals in India, mainly on the occasion of Diwali, Holi, and Raksha Bandhan.
- 500 gms grated carrots
- 500 ml milk (full cream)
- 3/4 cup pf sugar ( you can adjust as per your taste)
- 1 tbspn of ghee (clarified butter)
- Almond flakes
- Few dry raisins
- 1/2 tspn of cardamom powder
- Heat a pan nicely and add ghee.
- Add carrot ,cook the grated carrot for 2-3 min.
- Now add milk and mix it well.
- Let the carrot cook in the milk till half of the milk evaporates (for about 10-15 min).
- Now add sugar and mix well. Cook again till all the milk and water generated by adding sugar evaporates.
- Add roasted cardamom powder.
- In a separate pan heat 1 tspn of ghee and roast raisins and almond flakes for few second.
- Add this to the carrot mixture and mix well.
- Our Dish is ready to serve, you can eat this hot or let it cool for some time and then eat.
- Hope you will love this dish,its simple and très facile (very very easy) 🙂