Who doesn’t like Dahi – Bhalla, the softness and sponginess of dahi bhalla is loved by every one 😉 So Chikoo loves it too ..Presenting you the delicious Dahi-bhalla from my Kitchen , a Diwali special 😉 Ting !!
- Split Black gram,soaked -1 cup
- Yogurt ,Whisked -2 cups
- Butter Milk- 2 cups
- Cumin seeds – 1 tspn
- Salt to taste
- Asafoetida-1/2 tspn
- Black salt to taste
- Roasted cumin Powder-1 tbspn
- Red Chilli Powder -1 tbspn
- Sweet Tamarind chutney -2 tbspn
- Oil to deep fry
- Grind the urad dal using very less water and make a smooth paste.
- Now add cumin seeds,black salt,regular salt and asafoetida and mix well with a spoon.
- In a separate bowl take the butter mill and add little salt.
- Heat oil in a kadai/Pan,make sure oil should not very hot ,it should be moderately hot so that the vada’s can be cooked well from inside.
- Fry vada’s till golden brown.
- Soak the vada’s in butter milk for about 5-7 min.
- In a separate bowl take curd ,add salt .
- Take each vada ,squeeze between your palms and keep in a plate.
- Pour the yogurt,drizzle tamarind chutney, sprinkle some cumin powder & chilly powder.
- Serve and enjoy the smooth,soft and delicious dahi vada 🙂 Ting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!