Dhaba is the name given to roadside restaurants in India . They are situated on highways and generally serve local cuisine, and also serve as truck stops.They are open 24 hours a day. Dhabas were characterized by mud structures and cots to sit upon (called ‘chaarpai’ in Hindi ) while eating. A wooden plank would be placed across the width of the cot on which to place the dishes. With time, the cots were replaced by tables. The food is typically inexpensive and has a ‘homemade’ feel to it.
Now my Highway chicken or call it dhaba style chicken a high fragrant dish, little spicer,thats what the dhaba chicken is famous for 🙂 Lets begin our journey to HIGHWAY chicken 🙂
- 500 gms Chicken with bones
- 4 tbsp Oil
- 4 medium sized onion chopped vertically
- 1 1/2 tbsp ginger paste
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 3 big Tomato chopped
- Spices Needed
- 3 black cardamom
- 2 Cinnamon
- 2 big Bay leaves
- 2 tbsp Coriander seeds
- 10-12 Black pepper
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tspn turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp red cilly powder
- Few Ginger jullians
- 2-3 green chilly slited
- Salt to taste
- First dry roast the black cardamom,Cinnamon,Bay leaves, Coriander seeds,Black pepper and cumin seeds together in a pan in low flame till you smell the fragrance of the spices. Turn off the stove,let it cool & in a blender make a fine powder 🙂 keep aside.
- Heat oil in a Kadai or pan ,add chopped onion and roast on high flame till onion gets translucent , then add ginger garlic paste,saute for a Min or 2 .
- Add tomatoes & cook till the tomatoes are soft & mushy.
- Add red chilly powder, Turmeric,Coriander and salt cook for 3-4 min.
- Now add chicken pieces , the roasted masala powder , chillies & ginger jullians and cook till chicken is cooked in low flame.
- Add 2 cups of water and let it boil for 5 min. Generally the Highway chicken curry is little thin.
- Garnish with chopped coriander .
- Serve your highway chicken with your favorite naan,tandoori roti or rice.
- Enjoy ting !!! 🙂