Matar ki kadhi is a very simple , yet delicious dish. When you are running short of time & you want something that looks good & taste great ,this is the best option . This goes well with Chapati or Rice.
- 1 cup plain yogurt /Curd
- 1/2 cup Peas (matar)
- 2-3 tbsp besan (chickpea flour)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder (adjust to tolerance)
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 2.5 – 3 cups water
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- Generous pinch of hing powder
- Salt to taste
- Chopped Coriander
- In a bowl, combine besan, yogurt, and water to make a lump free smooth mix. Let stand.
- In a heavy bottomed pot, heat oil ,add hing, cumin seeds ,let it splutter & add peas,fry for 1-2 mins.
- Now add turmeric, chilly and coriander powder ,fry for 10-20 sec & add the besan-yogurt mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Let the mixture comes to boil & then let the kadhi simmer for about 5-8 minutes. Keep Stirring the kadhi in between.
- Add salt & chopped coriander.
- Serve with either rice or Chapati.