Black Forest cake consists of several layers of chocolate cake, with whipped cream and cherries between each layer. Then the cake is decorated with additional whipped cream, cherries, and chocolate shavings. In some European traditions sour cherries are used both between the layers and for decorating the top. Today I am feeling accomplished ,This is my first cake which I baked . The recipe is so easy that anyone can make it.Enjoy 🙂
- 3 eggs
- 6 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup Maida or all purpose flour
- 1 tspn baking powder
- 2 Tablespoon coco powder
- Whipped cream for icing
- 1/2 cup canned cherries and syrup
- Choclate shavings for decoration
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 8 inch round baking pans. (I like to add a round piece of parchment paper to the bottom of my pans .)
- In a bowl stir eggs & sugar for 10 min using a hand blender . Then add flour ,baking powder & coco powder through a sieve.
- Mix gently in one direction. Pour the batter in the pan & bake for 20 min.( use a tooth pick to check,if it comes out clean the cake is baked )
4. Cake is ready now ,let is cool for some time.
5. Cut the cake into two equal halves vertically as shown below.
6. Pour the cherry syrup on both the pieces to make it moist.
7. I bought ready made whipping cream which was sweet ,using a hand-blender I stir it for 5 min and it became soft to apply on the cake. Apply the icing on the bottom cake .
8. Decorate with some cherries.
9. Put the second half cake on the top and cover it with icing cream.
10. Once the cake is covered it will look like this .
11. Now in a piping bag fill little icing and make flower designs on the top ( Use your imagination to decorate 🙂 ) Decorate with cherries & chocolate shavings on the top & on the sides.
12. Your Cake is ready 🙂 ting !!!!!
I am feeling very proud 😉 Good job Chikoo 🙂