Barfi is a type of Indian sweet, usually in the form of lozenge. Barfi is often but not always, made by thickening milk with sugar and other ingredients (dry fruits and mild spices). It is then spread in a flat, shallow dish and cut into bite-sized pieces. These pieces are sometimes decorated with edible silver foil. My Bread Barfi is easy to make and delicious. something new yet worth making at home. Try out guys 🙂 Ting !!!
- Bread 4 piece,remove the dark edges (make bread crumbs)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup fresh grated coconut
- 1/2 tspn cardamom powder ( you can use Rose eesence as well)
- 1 tbsn ghee (clarified butter)
- few Chooped Cashew nuts
- Few cashew to decorate
- Soak the breadcrumbs in milk and mix it well with a spoon.
- In a pan put sugar & coconut and fry in low flame till the sugar is dissolved and mixed well with coconut.
- Add the bread crumbs soaked in milk and cook till all the water evaporates.
- Add cardamom powder & cashews. ( or rose essence) & ghee and cook again.
- Spread in a greased plate/thali. Refrigetare for few hours.
- Cut into Barfi size pieces.garnish with cashew.
- Enjoy 🙂 Ting !!!