Achari Gobi doesn’t uses pickle while cooking but it uses most of the spices we use to make pickle and curd for that tangy ,pickly taste. Its mouth watering and goes well with chapati,parathas or rice. Hope you will enjoy this simple yet a very delicious dish.Ting !!!! 🙂
- 1 medium Cauliflower (Gobhi)
- 1 medium onion chopped into small pieces.
- 2 tbsp Mustard oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp fenugreek seeds(methi)
- 1/2 fennel seeds(Saunf)
- 1 tsp crushed cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp onion seeds (kalongi)
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida (hing)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 3-4 green chillies chopped finely
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 3/4 cup yogurt
- 1-2 sprigs of Cilanto/Coriander for garnising
- Cut the cauliflowers into medium size florets.
- Heat the oil in a pan till smoking point,reduce the flame and add mustard,cumin,Fenugreek,fennel, Crushed cumin & onion seeds. Then add Asafoetida.
- Add onion and fry till its translucent.
- Add the cauliflower florets, turmeric ,salt to taste & green chillies and 1/2 cup water and cook in medium heat for 2-3 min.
- Add ginger ,garlic paste and curd ,Cook till the cauliflowers are cooked.
- This Dish needs to be semi gravy .
- Garnish with fresh cilantro & serve.