The person who invented Achari Chicken must be madly in love with Pickle that he wanted it every where 🙂 just my thought as me too love eating pickles .There are many version of this dish ,here goes my version of this yummy dish.
- 1/2 kg chicken pieces (any pieces of your choice) skin removed
- 1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds(Methi)
- 1/2 fennel seeds( saunf)
- 1/2 tsp onion seeds ( Mangrela)
- 1 tbsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2-3 bay leaves
- 2-3 dry red chilly
- 3-4 green chillies slit
- 2 medium size onions chopped
- 1 big tomato chopped
- 1 tomato -made puree
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 1 tbsp Pickle of your choice( I used mixed pickle)
- 1/4 cup yogurt
- Salt to taste
- 3 tbsps vegetable /butter/Mustard oil
- In a pan heat the oil and add fenugreek seeds,fennel seeds & onion seeds. Allow to splutter and then add the bay leaves, onions and fry till golden.
- Add the ginger and garlic pastes and fry for a minute.
- Add the chicken and fry till sealed.
- Add Turmeric, chilly powder,& Tomatoes along with purée and Pickle and cook for 5 Min.
- Whisk the yoghurt/curd to make it smooth and add it to the chicken. Stir well.
- Add salt to taste, stir well. Put the slitted green chillies on top of the chicken and cover the dish.
- Cook till the chicken is done.
- Serve with hot Chapatis, Parathas or Naans or rice.
- While making this chicken I used left over pickle oil.
- You can cook this with butter also it taste very nice & different.