Sahi Tukda also called as ” double ka meetha” is a bread pudding dessert of fried bread slices soaked in hot milk with spices, including saffron and cardamom. Double ka meetha is a dessert of Hyderabad. It is popular in Hyderabadi cuisine, served at weddings and parties.
- Bread – 6
- Sugar – 1 cup (200 grams) of sugar
- Milk – 500 ml.
- Sugar – 1 tablespoon for rabdi ( porridge)
- Saffron – 10 threads
- Pinch of Cardamom powder
- Almonds – 4 thin cut
- Pistachios – thin cut 8-10 (optional)
- Ghee – 1/2 cup to fry the breads
- For sugar syrup, mix sugar and water and set the mixture to boil, simmer the solution for about 5-10 minutes till one thread consistency.
- Take a heavy bottom pan and set the milk to boil. Simmer it until the milk reduces to 1/4th quantity. Simultaneously, keep stirring occasionally so that it does not get burnt or stick to the pan.. Now, add chopped dry fruits and saffron to the thickened milk.
- Cut the edges of the bread and cut it diagonally to form two triangles. ( I made heart shape,you can do that as well.)
- Fry the bread pieces till golden brown,you can also apply ghee on the sides of the bread and lightly fry them until they turn golden brown on both sides.
- Dip each fried bread in sugar syrup for a minute or 2 and keep aside.
- How to make the plate ??
keep each bread in a platter and spread the milk mixture( rabdi) onto the bread and garnish with some almonds, pista and the way you want.Enjoy the delicious Dilkhus Sahi Tukda.