Who doesn’t like Watermelon in summer,it’s a natural cooler .A watermelon contains about 6% sugar and 91% water by weight. As with many other fruits, it is a source of vitamin C. There was a watermelon sitting in my fridge for few days.I did ate half of it and decided to use the other half for a cooler drink and I named it as ‘Watermelon Aqua Fresh ‘ becos its not pure juice as I used lots of water and ice. It easy to make and trust me you are gonna love it 🙂
To make 2 glass of Watermelon Aqua Fresh:
5-6 cups freshly scooped watermelon
2 cups cold water
Enough simple sugar syrup to sweeten to taste (recipe below)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
(you can make any amount by simply using a 1 to 1 ratio, and heating until the sugar dissolves)
- Scoop flesh from watermelon half and transfer watermelon to a blender.
- Add 2 cups cold water and blend until liquefied, about 1 minute.
- Strain through a fine mesh strainer into a large bowl to remove fibers.
- Skim and discard excess foam from juice if desired.
- Place sugar and 1/2 cup water into a saucepan over medium heat and stir until water is hot and sugar has dissolved.
- Turn off heat and let simple syrup cool to room temperature. Stir simple syrup into watermelon juice to taste.
- Pour drink into a pitcher and refrigerate until cold, at least 30 minutes.
- To serve, fill tall glasses with ice cubes and pour Aqua fresh drink over ice. Serve with straws 😉