MANGOES!!! 🙂 who doesn’t like mangoes, doesn’t matter which form it is ,everyone loves eating mangoes. Our summer never gets completed without it . Mango is the national fruit of India.Today we are going to make a healthy drink from raw mangoes call “Aam Panna” 🙂
Aam Panna is an Indian drink renowned for its heat resistant properties. It is made from green mangoes and it is used as a tasty and healthy beverage to fight against the intense Indian summer heat. Apart from being tasty this drink also looks good due to its refreshing light green colour.Aam panna which is prepared using raw mangoes, sugar and an assortment of spices is an effective remedy for heat exhaustion and heat stroke.
- 2 medium size mangoes
- 2 cups of water
- About 1 cup sugar adjust to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dry roasted cumin seed powder
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- Lots of crushed ice
- Pressure cook the mangoes ( you can also peel it ,cut into small pieces and boil it in water for about 5-10 min till its soft) .
- People who wanna pressure cook it don’t peel or chop,trust me guys it makes a lots of difference in taste 🙂
- Remove all the pulp from the mango, also from the seeds,throw mint leaves,salt,black salt,cumin seed powder,mint leaves,sugar and blend nicely using a blender.
- Put some ice and blend again.
- Now taste to see if its appropriate in taste ,here you can adjust/add sugar if needed and other spices as per your taste.
- Sieve it through in a jug & refrigerate.
- Serve chilled with crushed ice.
- You can store this for 2 days. stir properly before serving.
- Add water , as time passes its acidity intensifies.