Getting Pav was the most difficult task in Montreal,thanks to “Shital Ashar’ for giving me the recipe and I could make the yummy pav . Thanks Shital 🙂
- 1 1/4 cup warm water
- 2 1/4 tsp yeast
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp. melted unsalted butter
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl,take warm water , yeast and sugar. Mix and let the mixture rest for 5 minutes.
- Add butter, salt and 3 cups all-purpose flour and mix together to make a sticky dough.
- Lightly dust your clean counter. Empty the dough and knead it for 8-10 minutes. This is the most important stage to create gluten, and make the dough elastic.
- Grease a pan and keep the dough ,cover with a moist towel and let it rest for 1& half hour.( Dough will rise and be double the size now 🙂 )
- Knead the dough again for 10 minutes. Divide into 15-20 parts, and arrange them in a tray leaving 1 1/2 inch space in between.
- Cover with a moist towel, and let the dough proof for 45 minutes again.
- Bake in a 450F preheated oven for 8-10 minutes or till they get lightly browned.
- Remove and let them cool. Ready to eat 🙂
- Enjoy with you Bhaji or make vada pav.
As if now I am putting Shital’s blog for step by step process ,soon I am gonna put my pictures will all steps.
URL : http://shitals-kitchen.blogspot.ca/search?q=pav