I have some sweet memories of Meethe Chawal also called as zarda ,In vacations when we use to visit Punjab I remember my mom cooking it for us . I miss all those moments. I miss Punjab ki dharti.I hope you peep will like it 😉
- Long grained white rice 250 gm
- Sugar to taste
- Green cardamoms (crushed) 4
- Cinnamon 1″ piece
- Saffron dissolved in a little milk 1/2 tsp
- Ghee 4 tbsp
- Dry fruits chopped finely for garnishing
- Soak rice for 1 hour. Then boil it and drain out the water when it is nearly ready.
- Heat the ghee and add all the ingredients including sugar and saffron.
- Put in 1/2 cup of water to make a syrup of one thread consistency.
- When this is done, put in the rice, cover it with a lid and cook on low flame till rice separates and is dry.
- Sprinkle dry fruits on top.