After Water, Chai (Tea) is the oldest and the most popular beverage in the world today. Millions of people across the world begin their day with a hot cup of Chai /Tea.Chai is a hot beverage made of Tea powder,Sugar,milk,spices or other herbs. I start my day with a cup of tea which helps me feel fresh all day.
Here is my version of tea.Hope you will enjoy it 🙂
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tspn Tea powder ( I use Red Label nature care tea powder)
- 2-3 cardamom (crushed)
- Sugar to taste
- 1/2 inch ginger-crushed
- In a pan take water and heat it to boil.
- Mix tea powder,sugar,cardamom, crushed ginger ,boil it for another 2-3 min.
- Mix milk now & boil it for another 3 min.
- Filter & Serve hot.
Important Tips :
- Add a pinch of salt to the tea to have a sweet & salty tea (my personal favourite)
- Along with a cardamom,add 2 cloves,1 small cinnamon to make masala tea.( a traditional way to cure cold & cough)
- Also little more ginger works great for cold.
- You can avoid water and make tea only with Milk ,it tastes awesome.
- Don’t add milk, ginger,cardamom and simply squeeze half lemon,your lemon tea is ready.