Milk cake is a traditional Indian Sweet. I am so thankful to my sis Mita who gave me this easy peasy recipe which is always a show stopper and hit when I make it. No baking is required while making this dessert as its just a block of sweetened, thickened, granular milk carved into squares – simply satisfying! This recipe is a secret recipe of my sweet sister Mita 🙂 I think its their family secret 🙂 Holi is around the corner and if you can make something so easy and delicious ,why not to give it a try 😉
- 3 cup/bowl/katori of milk (size of the bowl depends on the quantity you want to make,for testing you can use a small bowl for all ingredients )
- 1 cup/bowl/katori Sugar
- 1 cup/bowl/katori Milk Powder
- 1 cup/bowl/katori Curd (yoghurt)
- 1/2 cup/bowl/katori Ghee (clarified butter)
- Few chopped almond for decoration
- Boil milk in a heavy bottom pan in medium high heat.
- As milk starts boiling ,add Sugar,Milk Powder while stirring milk .
- Now add ghee and stir well.
- At last add curd ,which will help in Curdling of milk.
- Now cook till all the water evaporates and you will be left with the cake mixture ,make sure to keep stirring the mixture so that it should not get burnt.( medium heat)
- Remove the mixture in a casserole or any vessel and keep it for few hours . ( this helps in getting that beautiful brown color at the bottom)
- Cut into pieces & decorate with almond pieces. Enjoy Ting !!!!