- 1 cup of semolina
- 2 tbsp of ghee (clarified butter)
- A handful of raisins and cashew nuts
- 1/2 cup of dry grated coconut
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1/3 cup of milk
- Pinch of cardamom powder
- Heat the ghee in a pan and add the cashew nuts and raisins.
- keep the flame low throughout the process of making semolina ladoo.
- Add the coconut-cardamom mixture to the roasting nuts and raisins.
- Mix once and add the semolina next.
- Fry this mixture for 2-3 mins and then add the sugar.
- Continue to roast the semolina mixture until the colour changes to a light brown. Don’t let it sit and walk away or the semolina will start toasting and turning a golden brown on one side. Once the semolina is browned lightly, turn off the flame and slowly add the milk, stirring continuously as you do so.
- Once all the milk is added, continue to mix until the ladoo mixture comes together. It will be quite moist and will stick around your ladle.
- When the ladoo mixture is warm enough to handle, make into lemon-sized balls and gently set aside. If the mixture is too dry, sprinkle water or milk as you shape the ladoos.